George J. Hayward, Founder
United Sales Associates
7537 State Rd. • Cincinnati, OH 45255-2438
513.231.4266 • Fax 513.231.1456
• Born 6/20/41, Flint, MI - Resides just outside Cincinnati since 1946
• Attended University of Cincinnati - College of Business Administration
• Served (Honorably) U.S. Navy 1959 - 1963
• Married: Ramona “Mo” Hayward (Steger)
• Children: Todd A. Hayward, CPMR* , QSSP**, CSP*** and Thomas J. Hayward CPMR, QSSP
Both with United Sales Associates
* (Certified Professional Manufacturers’ Representative)
**(Qualified Safety Sales Professional)
*** (Certified Sales Professional)
• April 1, 1972 (April Fool’s Day) entered the Industrial Safety Industry as Territory Manager (Factory Rep) Edmont-Wilson (now Ansell Protective Products)
• January 1978 went into distributor sales with Standard Glove (now Fisher Safety)
• October 1979 became Sales Manager West Chester Marketing as a Manufacturers’ Representative.
• October 1, 1982 formed United Sales Associates of which he is president of the 30 person manufacturers’ representatives agency
• March 17, 1986 Executive Director SEMAA (Safety Equipment Manufacturers’ Agents Assn.), became the safety equipment affiliate of NIRA (Northamerican Industrial Representatives Assn.), one of the Founders and a Charter Member, served as its first President - served as SEMAA Affiliate Officer Vice Chairman Industry Relations. Later NIRA merged with ISA (Industrial Supply Assn. www.ISApartners.org)
• March 1988 elected Chairman of the NIGDA (National Industrial Glove Distributors Assn.) “Hall of Fame” Committee (11 years) - first “rep” to be elected to the NIGDA Board - served 8 years
• August 1996 appointed to serve on SEDA (Safety Equipment Distributors Assn.), ISEA (International Safety Equipment Assn.) & SEMAA Joint Committee on Education QSSP (Qualified Safety Sales Professional), a safety and health technical and regulatory fundamentals course for professionals involved in the manufacture and distribution of safety equipment
• August 1999 appointed Manager of International Development for the Manufacturers’ Agents National Association (MANA www.MANAonline.org) to help guide transition to a more global organization and to help facilitate increased trade between North America and all other parts of the world
• January 2000 featured in article in national French rep magazine “L’Agent Commercial” after visiting IUCAB (International Union of Commercial Agents and Brokers) members in Europe in 1999 while on mission for MANA
• June 2001 First non-European elected Vice President of IUCAB (International Union of Commercial Agents and Brokers www.IUCAB.nl). The membership of IUCAB consists of 17 national representatives’ associations representing approximately 470,000 independent manufacturers’ representatives agencies, globally or in excess of 1.2 million representatives. Served through his third term ending May 23, 2008 in Berlin, Germany.
• July 2001 the 19th inductee and only second rep inducted into the NIGDA (National Industrial Glove Distributors Association) now IGA (International Glove Association www.IGA-online.com) “Hall of Fame”
• February 2005 elected MANA Board of Directors (Director, District 4). MANA membership consists of approximately 4,000 rep agencies and 1,500 manufacturers in more than 25 countries
• June 2007 elected MANA Executive Committee - Board of Directors
• April 2008 re-elected MANA Board of Directors (Director, District 4)
• May 2008 elected MANA Chairman Executive Committee – Board of Directors
• Speaker at MANA (Manufacturers’ Agents National Association) seminars
“Effective Sales Agency Management” program
• Featured or published in several periodicals such as “Industrial Distribution”, Today’s Distributor”, “Occupational Hazards”, “Agency Sales”, “Sales & Marketing Management”
and is a regular contributor to “Industrial Safety and Hygiene News” in the ‘For Distributors Only’ section
• Featured Speaker/Lecturer at Ohio University, Athens OH, College of Business Course MKT 491
“Current Topics in Sales/Executive in Residence”.
• As a manufacturer ..............
a distributor ..............
and a Rep ..............
...............George has an understanding how all three of these channel partners function.
AIHA - American Industrial Hygiene Assn. www.aiha.org
ASSE - American Society of Safety Engineers www.asse.org
ATSSA - American Traffic Safety Services Association www.atssa.com
IGA International Glove Association www.iga-online.com
ISA Industrial Supply Association www.isapartners.org
IUCAB International Union of Commercial Agents & Brokers www.iucab.nl
MAC - Manufacturers Agents of Cincinnati www.maccincinnati.org
MANA - Manufacturers’ Agents National Association www.manaonline.org
NFPA - National Fire Protection Association www.nfpa.org
NIRA - North American Industrial Representatives Assn. www.nira.org
NSC National Safety Council www.nsc.org
SEDA - Safety Equipment Distributors Assn. www.safetycentral.org
SEMAA - Safety Equipment Manufacturers’ Agents Assn. www.semaa.org
STAFDA - Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Assn. www.stafda.org
United Sales Associates, Manufacturers' Representatives of leading manufacturers of industrial safety products in the industrial safety, construction/industrial, sanitary maintenance, and fire markets in the states of Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and New York. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA has field sales personnel located in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Union KY, Buffalo, Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Nashville. This combined outside and inside sales force of twenty is complemented by a support staff of ten -- over 250 years combined experience in Industrial Safety Sales.